In this week’s new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- The Weeknd‘s album is out today, and the whole thing’s really rather listenable but we’ve picked ‘Secrets’ to top today’s playlist. ‘Ordinary Life’ — that’s another good one. Well done The Weeknd.
- Robin Schulz, David Guetta and Cheat Codes are the week’s least appealing collaboration but have delivered the week’s most joyous new tune, and that’s an important lesson isn’t it, about looking beyond your preconceptions. Food for thought there ladies and gentlemen.
- Firefox AK is back! There’s a whole new EP (WHICH IS GREAT) and if you didn’t hear ‘Boom Boom Boom’ off her last album please take a moment to give it a spin now because half a decade later it remains a tune of rare and almost terrifying amazingness.
- Calum Scott‘s new single might be fairly listenable in an Olly Murs album track kind of way but if he thinks it makes up for the atrocity he foisted on the world earlier this year he’s got another thing coming.
- Kylie‘s Christmas album repack is out today. It’s more of the same, so good news if you enjoyed the first version. There’s a version of ‘Stay Another Day’ with a choir, which is nothing more or less than pleasant.
We didn’t include ‘The Rolling Stones’, apols. Subscribe to Popjustice’s rotating New Music Friday Spotify playlist here
The post The week’s best new releases: The Weeknd, Firefox AK and more appeared first on Popjustice.