In this week’s new releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- It has finally happened. A chap with a bucket on his head has made the best song of the week. The man is Marshmello and he has been helped out on ‘Ritual’ by noteworthy manwarbler Wrabel.
- Noonie Bao is continuing her persistent and effective quest to become the planet’s greatest singing human with ‘Sorry Not Sorry’.
- Pnau should really know better than fifth-rate Galantis knockoff ‘Chameleon’. Poor show lads.
- XYLO‘s contribution to the new Chainsmokers track is really great.
- Didn’t see this one coming but RAT BOY‘s new song sounds — and we mean this in the very best possible way — like a Girls Aloud album track.
- If you liked Betsy‘s brilliant last single you’ll like her new one too, but slightly less.
- About five months ago Little Mix‘s A&R team sent various songwriters and producers an email containing the phrase ‘Love On The Brain’ and the winning team’s song is out today. As with the Pnau track it’s a lot more enjoyable out of context.
- Tiesto‘s still getting away with charging major labels vast sums of money for frayed old rope: this week he’s invoicing Niall Horan‘s label for the eight minutes he set aside for a ‘This Town’ remix.
- DNCE continue their weekly mission to illustrate the law of diminishing returns.
- Sigma and Birdy‘s ‘Find Me’ would have voted for Brexit.
We didn’t include ‘Cheat Codes’, apols.
The post The week’s best new releases: Marshmello feat Wrabel, Bruno Mars, Noonie Bao, RAT BOY (!) and more appeared first on Popjustice.