In this year’s roundup of festive releases, or at least the ones that have popped up on Spotify:
- Do you think Mariah Carey ‘et al’ knew, when they recorded it, that ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ was the tinsel-strewn megafestivebanger we recognise it as today? Or did they think they’d just tossed off some old bollocks like Ariana Grande presumably did? Turned out alright, either way.
- Yes, the Marie Dolom and Josh Bulot track really does mash up Walk The Moon with ‘Away In A Manger’, and what of it?
- Global Dance Crew‘s version of ‘Fairytale Of New York’ really is quite something.
- Paul Holt‘s ‘Fifty Grand For Christmas’ remains totally amazing.
- We hadn’t heard Italove‘s ‘Christmas Time (Italo version)’ before but it’s actually quite good in an everything-sounds-good-at-Christmas kind of way.
- ‘Stay Another Day’ and ‘The Power Of Love’ aren’t strictly Christmas songs but let’s not split hairs.
- Yes we have put the Mariah song in the playlist six times, do you want to have a fight about it or what?
We didn’t include ‘The Killers’, apols.
Hope you enjoy this playlist while you’re fisting the turkey, and thanks for visiting Popjustice over the last twelve months. It genuinely means a lot, unless you’re using an ad blocker in which case it means precisely fuck all. Happy Christmas!
The post The season’s greatest ever releases: Kelly Clarkson, Destiny’s Child, Girls Aloud, Kylie and mariah appeared first on Popjustice.